Tuesday, December 24, 2013

minor Update 2

Hey, Monkey here

To day I bring you the 2nd minor update. (psst, the next will be a major)

Added Features:
  • Added a tutorial level(Displays controls, and so on)
  • Added ability to enable/disable showing FPS in the title bar.
  • Character Model
  • Character sprite faces left/right depending on the way your moving
Extra things: 
  • Fully over hauled the texture loading system. Before each object that need a texture called it from their own class, but that made it very messy and disorganized and weakened the stability of the game. Now all textures are loaded and called form a TextureBuffer class.
  • Me and Arcie went through the whole level/class features thing and organized the ideas, and we planned out the bosses/mini-bosses. We currently have 25 levels and 6 bosses , and if I remember right 3 mini bosses, but I plan to add alot more levels to make the story longer, and more immersive. I promise you will have lots of time just indulged in the story.
Things Still not fully implemented:
  • Added ability to click options to change them(actually that stopped working as well, but its hidden in there.)(They still don't do anything)
  • Tutorial level, I'm working on making it to where when you jump for example, it removes the "Press Space to jump" from the screen, but I'm weirdly running into trouble with sush a simple thing.
  • Partially added a Level object caller to I can be like Level level = new Level() and so on so I can create a separate instance of each level to edit, while still keeping it clean, and tucked away in its own class.
  • Still working on the engine. I will soon go through and add a bulk of extra features that I don't need for the game at this stage, but will be out the way for when I need them.
  • Fullscreen became quite glitchy for some reason, I'm on it to fix it better than it was before.
Screenshots:





Tutorial level

I will edit this post in case I miss any features

Stay Crazy, Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment