Saturday, December 21, 2013

Hello World, Monkey here.

My Game:


So I have officially started development on a game built in Java. I started it around 12/15/13, and have been working non-stop. I plan to make periodic updates concerning the development stage that I am at. 

Things I have no plans on doing:
  • Releasing development builds(eg. alphas, betas, snapshots, nightly releases, what ever you want to call them.
    • I MAY find a couple people that I don't know as beta testers to critic the story-line, launcher, game-play, or any other significant game factor before release to allow me to make changes sooner than the public receives it, but it will only be a few, like 3 or 4.
    • My reasoning for this is that I personally don't feel its right for a developer to sell his product for almost full-price(or any price for that matter), that is not complete, and/or contains game-breaking bugs that would hinder game-play/enjoyment of the game in any way. This logic does not make me loose respect for developers that release their game early, but I still don't believe that it is right.
  • I will wait until further into the development process to reveal the name simply because it might change, but you might be able to guess it once I reveal the main jest of the game.
    • Has something to do with stone(no this is NOT another voxel game.)
  • Releasing the game before the first half of 2014.


Things I do have plans to do:
  • Obviously release the game at some point
    • Just added this to make this post longer :P
  •  Search for 3-4 beta testers to critic the game before its launch.
    • I said this already but my thought from the last sub-bullet still stands.
  • Continuing to release DLC's for the game after it's release.
  • I will follow-up blogs saying the development stages I have already went through.
  • I will also make a follow up blog describing the setup I'm using to develop.
  • I will make another blog listing my team members and their roles in the development of the game.

Stay Crazy, Monkey(Aka. Jacob)

No comments:

Post a Comment