Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Notification 2

Okay, so I had a little time this weekend to work, so I took advantage of it. I completed the following:
      -Complete backend overhaul

Thats it, but it consumed all of my time. The overhaul involved making my custom engine a separate project and using it as a jar library for the game itself.

On a side note, I have been using any free time I have during the week to organize some ideas for a future project. I am unsure of the name, but it will be a space based game. Now just to clear things up -- I will not be beginning work on my new idea until the current game is complete and shipped.
No matter how tempting it is to dump the current idea to move onto a fresh ideas sounds, I wont. I will demonstrate the utmost self control and pace myself. If I begin work on it now I fear that the current project will never get done. Additionally, I am using the current project as 1) an extreme learning tool to make myself fluent in a coding language and the logic behind game programming and 2) to raise funds for future projects. The funds will go to stuff like paying for an actual website host, licensing for music and licensing for software like photoshop, professional sound production software, hardware(such as physical drawing pads), and game engines. To give a few details on my new idea: I am hoping to get it developed in cryengine. Most likely 3, but 4 if it is more available at the time of work. It will be spaced based(this means I'll have to write my own custom planetary gravity system.). It will be open world(as any space game should), and I will attempt to compare it to a space ship assassins creed black flag, but I don't know how relevant that is. --I am aware of the new space sim Star Citizen, and do not want competition-- not saying that my skills are anywheres near that of a whole multi studio team, but I don't want my game to seem like a cheap knockoff of it. So i will try my best to focus more on the single-player intensely story driven style, while Star Citezen is seeming to approach it at more of a Multi-player economy system side(which is perfectly relevant for a space sim).
Anyways I've been rambling to I'll end it here.

Stay Crazy, Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment